Monday, May 10, 2010

Critique of "Book Rags"

The literature help site Book Rags, was a helpful tool in finding information dealing with King Lear. For the most part I was satisfied with the knowledge that I obtained, but I felt as though there were elements that could have been more clear and concise. First off, the layout of the website is fairly confusing when using the search tool. In order to find King Lear, I had to look through the search results which brought up books that other people wrote about it. When finding the book however, all of the information was there. I first looked at the plot synopsis. It was extremely detailed, to the point of being too overdone. There was no easy way to narrow down the plot to just a few sentences; it went through every section in great detail. If I was using this site to write a paper, Book Rags would be very helpful in doing that because it is very detailed. However, for the purpose that most students use a help site for, it was too involved and long for a quick overview.

No comments:

Post a Comment